MyCastro.com the Castro's GLBT Community website is seeking a motivated, self-directed, and involved community member for the Marketing/PR and Publishing internship position.
We are in need of an intern who loves the Castro Community and excited about being a part of a new innovate non-profit start-up.
You must be a triple threat; Please have the ability to write news worthy articles in tone, be great on the phone, can handle themselves in excel while being able to navigate our website to update content. We will provide ample training and guidance every step of the way while you learn the ropes of running and operating an online media space. However we will require that you be savvy, self-directed, motivated, and excited to learn. If this is you please read on.
Marketing/PR and Publishing Intern:
- Hours (14-20 per week) but at least two hours per day.
- Work from home and meet once per week.
- For College Credit
- Potential for part time employment should the fit be right.
- Commission opportunity available when assisting the sales team.
- Cull and post relevant news and information to our news feeds using our list of media suppliers daily.
- Review MyCastro.com Community Board Postings and post three per day to our homepage. You will be trained in this process.
- Write 1 - 3 articles per week about local Castro News. Please be comfortable writing in tone with proper grammar and punctuation.
- Update weekly nightlife listings by contacting promoters and Bar Owners. Some excel/data entry is required.
- Some face-to-face interaction with clients to promote advertising and sales promotions. If you can cold call then head to the front of the line.
- Participate in key decision making at weekly meetings.
- Facilitate coordination of work and research on relevant projects by senior management.
- A college junior or Senior. Or a recent college graduate from a four year university.
- Major in Marketing, Sales, Communications, Journalism, or Business preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft office including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others.
- Interested in the GLBT community and the Castro Neighborhood.
- Comfortable on the phone, interacting with clients, and can work from home.
If you are ready to start making a difference and ready for immediate consideration please email your resume, 1 writing sample, and cover letter to: Jobs@MyCastro.com. Please enter the word, "Internship," In the subject line heading of your email.